Debbie Gross, LCSW, Ltd. - Individual, Marital & Family Therapy
RSS

Recent Posts

Memories of Youthful Fun
As Thanksgiving Approaches
Top Five Parenting Questions
The Latest on Technology...
PROUD

Teens
Underage Drinking
powered by

One Therapist's Reflections

As Thanksgiving Approaches

From November 20, 2012

As Thanksgiving approaches, I realize it’s time to update the blog. We all use this time of year to reflect on our lives, feel gratitude for those around us and see appreciation in the blessings of our lives. I want to see if we can take it one step further, and make a bucket list of sorts. Not the extreme things we ‘have to do before we die’ list. But the ‘how can I make myself a better person’ or ‘what can I do to make the world I live in a better place’ kind of list. I’m going to share a few of my thoughts, and I hope my followers will add their ideas on self and world improvement.

1.     I had a conversation at a football game with some people from Canada, and I realized how very little I know about that great country north of ours. So one of my goals is to educate myself on Canada.

2.     I watched Marlee Matlin on television the other day. She has an app that teaches sign language. I want to learn this! I’ve already downloaded the app and can say, “My name is Debbie. What’s your name?”

3.     I ran into a friend – actually, I should say I walked into a friend who had been running that morning. He was up EARLY in the morning, while I was cuddly in bed getting a few more zzz’s. I also noticed a bunch of people I know that did the 5k run for chocolate and other 5k events. While I don’t see myself running with that dedication, I do want to strengthen my core and increase my flexibility and stamina.

4.     While shopping the other day with my husband, the clerk wanted to give me an extra plastic bag and I rejected it, while my husband wanted to sort our items into the different bags to bring to the girls at school. I am on a mission to use less plastic and recycle more. So, every chance I get, I will bring my reusable bags to stores. If I need to use plastics, I will fill them up to use as few as possible, and then recycle them.

So these items are the beginning of my list of want-to-dos. I am hoping these small additions to my life will help me feel more enlightened and enriched, and bring me a greater sense of appreciation and gratitude in the year to come. Please share your ideas as well, and have a very happy Thanksgiving!

13 Comments to As Thanksgiving Approaches:

Comments RSS
anonymous on Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:00 AM
Awesome Click

essayheaven.org on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:39 AM
Great! It is really amazing and informative article for me. In this article, we find many things that are very unique. In this, we talk about games and some social issues. I bookmarked your article for reference and it is really helpful for me.

uk bestessays on Saturday, August 18, 2018 6:31 AM
Your grammar needs to go through the improvement phase before you start offering professionally best thesis. This should be a very serious matter for you.

sdfs on Monday, September 03, 2018 8:07 AM
fg

best resume writing services on Monday, September 03, 2018 11:30 PM
I also want to reflect and make myself a better person. I am a student and I am lazy when it comes to studying at home. I love to procrastinate and lay all weekend at home not worrying about my homeworks, exams, and projects that need to be done and studied. Even though I make it on time, I feel that all of my school work is rushed and half-baked. I decided that this time, I will finish all of my school work and study as early as possible.

family law reno on Friday, September 14, 2018 1:08 AM
Mercedes Benz is my favorite car.I really like this vehicle.Your shared best video to share with company as next video making sample.

Smith on Monday, September 24, 2018 5:24 AM
Fantastic post here. I really like this post because this post contain very good information. Thanks for it and keep it up. Durable rubber playground tiles

Rhys Booth on Monday, September 24, 2018 6:33 AM
Very well written article about thanksgiving approaches. You have shared information which is unique and difficult to find on other websites. clings printing

John on Monday, September 24, 2018 6:39 AM
Yes i agree with you. Mrs Bebbie Gross is the qualified and experience therapist. Many people your treatment. I am very thankful for all of you. Get rubber sheet for hospitals

Lewis rowlings on Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:51 AM
It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. i will be back soon. Thanks for sharing. Bulk Custom Stickers

Vanchi on Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:17 PM
i like all the content articles, I really cherished barbie makeup games download

Wildlife Photography on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:08 AM
Interesting post.I just saw your post now.Guys I have to share an exciting new with you that I have got selected as writer on an online websiteI am so excited.